Yeti Lawwill Frame Identification - ???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Yeti Lawwill Frame Identification - ???

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I picked up a Durango-made Yeti frame recently and I'm just trying to figure out what exactly I have. It looks like a 1998 or so Lawwill DH-6, with a few exceptions. Most noticeable are the two-piece swingarm, the connection between the rear chainstays and the swingarms, and the front piece of the swingarms. Everything looks more beefy than usual. The connecting piece is much more significant than the black ones I see in all the pictures, and looks like its setup to take a 15mm through-axle.

This particular frame I was told was raced by Jurgen Beneke. You can still see where the Beneke name stickers were on both sides of the top tubes. All the decals have been removed but I can also see the swingarms used to have giant "SHIMANO" decals on both sides, and I think the downtube had the old "EASTON" logos, as well as Yeti logos. So, what model is this exactly? Is it a Lawwill that's been built up for racing? Something custom? Or just something I haven't been able to find yet? I've included several pictures to hopefully help identify.

Any help you could give me would be great. Thanks in advance!!

Chris

mtbr member
    If you don't get any help here, you might have better luck in the Yeti sub-forum. Don't know a thing about the frame, but it looks sweet!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks! I'll try that in a bit. It's always a shot in the dark on any new forum whether you're posting in the right place or not.

EDIT: I'll try posting there in a while. Don't wanna be an overly-excited forum noob posting in two places at once. I'll probably have enough people busting my balls for posting a "help me" thread with a 12 post count as it is.
    Last edited by Lord_Sprocket; 07-11-2011 at 04:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sprocket View Post
    Thanks! I'll try that in a bit. It's always a shot in the dark on any new forum whether you're posting in the right place or not.

EDIT: I'll try posting there in a while. Don't wanna be an overly-excited forum noob posting in two places at once. I'll probably have enough people busting my balls for posting a "help me" thread with a 12 post count as it is.
    I feel ya on the first bit.

And yes, somebody may indeed be able to help you here. You never know!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    did you ever find out what you looking for