xc/am bike pt2- Mtbr.com

Thread: xc/am bike pt2

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

New question here. xc/am bike pt2

ok to narrow my search... i want a hardtail. around 800$. i ride both on sidewalks at school, roads at home, some trails here in pennsylvania, and also i ride out with my uncle in the rockies... thats on some single tracks and two tracks and different trails. what kind of bike is best for this. weight isnt super important. i dont know what else i need. need some suggestions thats all.

dane

mtbr newbie
    Mar 2007
    isleepsober-

I am also looking for an all around hardtail with a hair above that price. So for I am considering the Trek 6500 ($929 MSRP on website) and the Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc ($1100 on website).

Check out these sites and look at the components. I excluded Cannondale's F4 and F5- they seemed a little "cheapy" to me, but they are both under $800. and you might like 'em.

I will probably go for the Rockhopper- it is light ~ 26 pounds at the LBS.

Hope that is a decent start!

Freshly Fujified

Another option

In addition to the Rockhopper Pro and Trek 6500 recommendations, check out the Ibex Trophy series. Ibex sells direct to the consumer, so you have to be comfortable in not test riding before you buy. Definitely not for everyone, but they make a great product and the value is hard to beat. Here's a link:

http://www.ibexbikes.com/Stacks/Series_Trophy.html

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0