Would like some info on my K2!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Would like some info on my K2!!

Well hello everyone, I've been lurking for a little while here on the forums trying to learn about this new hobby of mine. I just aqured a free K2 zed 3.0 yesterday and am unsure of a few things about it. First of what year is it? How can I tell? I'll post a picture of it so maybe someone here can help me with that. Also, is this a quality bike? I'd like to slowly upgrade it as my skill increases and I've read it's a decent frame to upgrade on. I also like the idea of upgrading slowly as I go rather than spending a large chunk up front all at once. The wifey tends not to notice as much when things are done like that anyway! I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as Iearn some more about the bike, but I will just leave it at that for now.

Now on to the pictures!!

Front fork:

Aside from being dirty and a little scratched up, it's in decent shape. It needs some pedals and some inner tubes, and could use a rear tire and some new grips, but its all there. I can't believe someone three this in a dumpster!

My spoon is too big!
    I don't know much about that particular frame, but it looks like a good place to start. When you get the new parts for it, take the bike with you to the bike shop, and get a tune-up done. It probably needs new cables, and some adjustments done. Have them look it over for cracks, and other frame damage too.

If it fits you, and everything works, it should be a solid bike to get you out on the trails.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm planing on taking it to a local bike shop, but would much rather do all the maintainence and cleaning myself. Im looking forward to some good miles being put on this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Well I found out it's a 2004, here is a link to it on bikepedia: BikePedia - 2004 K2 Zed 3.0 Complete Bicycle

Is that a decent set of components?