Would a Jamis Cross Country SX 14" fit me? - Same as Cross Country 2.0?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015

New question here. Would a Jamis Cross Country SX 14" fit me? - Same as Cross Country 2.0?

Greetings All,

The wife and I decided to get back into biking. I also imagine it is more fun to tow kids behind the bike in a trailer than pushing a stroller ;-)

I just won a 1999 Trek 7000 13.5 on ebay for the wife - hopefully it will fit her (shes 5' - and tells me her inseam is 24")

The Trek went for a little more than I budgeted - so not as much in the budget for my bike - I found a Jamis Cross Country SX 14" (guessing by the color -"*bling* *bling* chrome" - it is a 2001) - I was not able to find the geometry for this particular frame - the closest I could find was the Cross Country 2.0 from 2004 - are those similar/same frames?

I am about an hours drive from the seller, however would like to know if there is a good chance I will/will not fit the bike as a 2 hour round trip is not something I really want to do. I am 5'5" (5'6" on a good day) - inseam approx 27-27.5".

Thanks in Advance!,

Bob

//update

Some additional information:

Link to 2001 Jamis Cross Country SX in question:
    Jamis cross country SX

A 2006 Diamondback Sorrento just popped up - though the asking price seems high:
    Diamondback Mountain Bike

The Sorrento looks to be 16" - The guy selling sent me a picture of the tape measure from the crank to the top weld - this is how you would measure frame size - it wouldn't go all the way to the top of the tube - if so closer to 18"

A quick question about BicycleBlueBook.com - are their valuations more or less pretty spot on? The guy selling the Sorrento (Estate find, not personally owned by him) said that the pricing given there is more so for more northern states where they don't bike as much compared to here (Florida) and that we have a higher demand - so prices are higher than those valuations.
    Last edited by Biker_Bob; 06-10-2015 at 11:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Some additional information:

Link to 2001 Jamis Cross Country SX in question:
    Jamis cross country SX

A 2006 Diamondback Sorrento just popped up - though the asking price seems high ($145):
    Diamondback Mountain Bike

The Sorrento looks to be 16" - The guy selling sent me a picture of the tape measure from the crank to the top weld - this is how you would measure frame size - it wouldn't go all the way to the top of the tube - if so closer to 18"
    The front shocks/fork? on the Sorrento looks to have been upgraded?

- Talked to the Sorrento seller just now - when I mentioned bicyclebluebook.com (values between $53-$97) - he said those prices apply more for northern states, not really Florida - as "we bike more down here, and there is greater demand - hence my higher asking price" - sounds like BS to me? He picked the bike up from an Estate sale so he knows nothing about the bike - other than his 5'6" frame found it comfortable.