Vassago Fisticuffs sizing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Vassago Fisticuffs sizing

I'm looking at the Fisti for a monstercross bike, and I'm looking for standover height data for their two biggest frame sizes (57 and 60cm). Anybody know?

All of my bikes to date have ~58cm effective top tube lengths for me to get the right reach, but that would put me on the 60cm Fisti. I'm not THAT big a guy- 6' tall with a 32'' inseam- so I'm worried that I would have little clearance on the 60. The Fisti can be run 650b or 700c on a large range of tire sizes, so Vassago doesn't publish standover heights, and they haven't responded to my e-mail yet (but it's only been a few days... I'm being impatient). Any Fisti owners out there have suggestions about sizing?
    -Gary Fisher Paragon 29'er Hardtail
    -Surly 1x1
    -Xtracycle'd trek 6000
    -Frankenbike tandem- welded two Schwinn Varsities

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I was too impatient. FYI for the rest of you that may be interested, here is James' informative e-mail about the Fisti sizing:

Hi John, thank you for your email. The 60cm Fisticuff has a stand over of 32.5" The 57cm has a stand over of 31.2"

You are right about the ETT is the same because it uses a horizontal top tube. The 57cm dies have a 56.6CM top tube. If you are intending this build as an off road rig, I would suggest the 57cm. The cockpit is shorter on Fisticuffs to help bring the front end up easier, but in this case you are just over 1cm less that what you are used to. Unless you have a long inseam measurement, I think the 60 would be just a little too tight for comfort on off road situations. Please let me know if I can help with any thing else.

-James
    Vassago Cycles
    -Gary Fisher Paragon 29'er Hardtail
    -Surly 1x1
    -Xtracycle'd trek 6000
    -Frankenbike tandem- welded two Schwinn Varsities

Members who have read this thread: 0