Turner Nitrious vs. Kona Hei Hei- Mtbr.com
    Victim of Saddle Rage

Turner Nitrious vs. Kona Hei Hei

I'm totally serious. Turner Nitrious (TNT) or Kona Hei Hei 2.5inch rear trav 07 frame. I am not sure if the Turner is a real bike or just race day specific. I am 150lb 5'10" and want a race xc fully, but I also need to train, tool around, adventure ride, and challenge myself and Kona is up to the challenge, but I am unsure of the Turner.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonballtrail
    I'm totally serious. Turner Nitrious (TNT) or Kona Hei Hei 2.5inch rear trav 07 frame. I am not sure if the Turner is a real bike or just race day specific. I am 150lb 5'10" and want a race xc fully, but I also need to train, tool around, adventure ride, and challenge myself and Kona is up to the challenge, but I am unsure of the Turner.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks
    The only difference is that the Kona is offered in many more sizes (14,16,17,18,19,20,22) then the Nitrous (15, 17,19), and it is probably built stronger (in scandium). Kona builds are great, I have a Kona Primo Scandium Hardtail (3 pounds) that is just beautiful. Otherwise the bikes are pretty much identical (plus/minus fraction of degrees in geometry). Just because of the many more sizes available the choice for the Kona is a no brainer.
    Last edited by Davide; 02-13-2007 at 01:03 PM.

There's no app for this.

Turner Nitrous FAQ page says...

Q: Why is there a 165lb rider weight limit on the Nitrous?
    A: The Nitrous is a frame that has every excess gram of material shaved from it. As one of the lightest all aluminum full suspension frames on the market; a restricted weight limit is needed to properly match racer with race frame.

I recall MBAction stating this bike is strictly for racing, and that it had little tolerance for any trail riding hijinks like drops and such.

Call Turner and ask them?

Jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Isn't the nitrous just a pared down flux?

Members who have read this thread: 0