TREK & CANNONDALE ROAD BIKES- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

TREK & CANNONDALE ROAD BIKES

I realize this is a MTB Forum - But...

I am in the market for an entry levelish road bike. I have narrowed my choices down to the Trek 1200, Trek 1500 and the Cannondale 500 Triple. I really like the feel of the all 3 bikes and was wondering if any of you more experienced roadies could chime in with your opinions of these bikes. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I ride for my school, and we were New England Champs last year (probably this year too). Most of the better riders have our own bikes, but the team has several team-bikes that people without bikes can use. They are R500s. I rode one last year, and I really liked it. The handling was sharp, acceleration was crisp, all one can expect from a Cannondale frame. Now, I have progressed on, and ride a Cannondale/Wheelworks Team Issue (Caad7 frame) and it is much lighter (mine weighs in in the 15lbs range). however, the ride characteristics are similar. i rode my friend's trek 1000 once before he got his Cervelo, and i have to say i do not like it at all. sluggish handling compared to the cannondale, and the rear end is not as stiff. also, it weighs a ton. so i vote for the R500.

I have no advice (gave up roadbiking after being hit by cars 2x....but you could check the roadbike twin of this site http://www.roadbikereview.com/

mtbr member

cannondale

the c-dale will handle a lot better. (ie quicker and crisper) both in turns and accelerating. check out roadbikereview.com 's classified's and you can prob find a great deal in your price range!
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan