Trading bikes?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trading bikes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Trading bikes?

Well recentley I have been riding alot more. I used to ride a good 2-3 hours a day but last summer I dident get a chanch to ride at all I was working for a US. Congressman and campaigning for her and for Bush all the time. But now I have started back on the 2 hour rides on streets now for the most part. And Im wondering if It would be worth it to trade in my Trek 4500 that has had deore lx, xt and now alivo set up on it(i was broke awhile back so had to trade out) for soemthing else. I dont really want a road bike because Im all about bunny hops tricking and all that stuff. So what would be something good for me for 2hr in the saddle everyday and doing tons of tricks and also going dang fast.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by accorddude
    Well recentley I have been riding alot more. I used to ride a good 2-3 hours a day but last summer I dident get a chanch to ride at all I was working for a US. Congressman and campaigning for her and for Bush all the time. But now I have started back on the 2 hour rides on streets now for the most part. And Im wondering if It would be worth it to trade in my Trek 4500 that has had deore lx, xt and now alivo set up on it(i was broke awhile back so had to trade out) for soemthing else. I dont really want a road bike because Im all about bunny hops tricking and all that stuff. So what would be something good for me for 2hr in the saddle everyday and doing tons of tricks and also going dang fast.
    First, I'm sorry to hear you campaigned for Bush and/or another republican.

Are you saying you went to having your bike set up with LX and XT down to Alivio? That's going backwards if that's what you mean.

If you like the bike you have, just spend some of the money you made campaigning for conservatives and upgrade the bike. You are kind of describing an urban or free ride bike, and they aren't a "fast" bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yeah i want the free ride type of feel but i want to be fast too lol. Well on my trek i started with good compnents then i broke my rear derailer(sp) and i bought alivo which sucks balls. I want a bike that will have either lx or xt. I would like a fork with atleast 100in of travel and the head angle to be 69ish bottom bracket hight i dont car about to much aslong as its not to low. I want a bike that will have good sturdy rims so that a good 5 foot drop off wont hurt them. Something maybe like a specalized P3 but i dont know yet. It needs to be a good bike for riding around campus too and when i want to go out to the trails. With the P3 the geomotry to me looks like it mignt not be that great on the trails it looks like its designed to be ridden in a more up right posisiiotn.