mtbr member
    Dec 2004

New question here. Titus switchblade???

One of my friends suggested the titus switchblade for me. i'm 14 years old, about 5ft 4, a girl, and i wanna do XC, DH, FR, and everything inbetween. i currently have a mongoose pro (ya i know it sucks) but its all i have right now and i use it for trail riding (XC) on trails behind my house. I want to try down hill and xc on other trail but first i'd like a REAL mountian bike, 1 that can handle all. i've reseached the switchblade and seemed like it'd handle well but i wanted some more input thanks!

Chrome Toaster
    Well the switchblade isn't a true DH or freeride bike but it is a highly tough and versatile bike that can handle exceptionaly well on many types of riding. It will handle excellent as a trail bike (its main design) and I'd say could easily handle some light freeride an DH for a starting rider. I would say go for it. Oh yeah, I own own as well Go to the Titus forum if you want more detailed help on this bike. Lots of SB owners there.

There's no app for this.

1st

understand that the frame is $2000 + taxes, a bit costly for the average 14-year-old. What's your realistic budget? (not your wish list)

Jim

Stand back

rounding up?

Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    understand that the frame is $2000 + taxes, a bit costly for the average 14-year-old. What's your realistic budget? (not your wish list)

Jim
    Frame is $1900 USD, and there are some new previous year's models to be found on Ebay for less.
    Depending on your bike build, it can easily be a xc racer or capable of any downhill on the mountain (at least the ones I've been to near Denver). There are better bikes for both, but it is a great only bike.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

There's no app for this.

No, quoting Titus.

there are 2 prices, one is 1900, the other is $2000. (anodized option.)

Either is well beyond any 14-year-old given the bike needs to be built up, unless this one has parents that contribute heavily to the purchase. The cheapest build twill take her over the $3K mark, with taxes.

Jim

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrmSweetMountainbikrGrl
    One of my friends suggested the titus switchblade for me. i'm 14 years old, about 5ft 4, a girl, and i wanna do XC, DH, FR, and everything inbetween. i currently have a mongoose pro (ya i know it sucks) but its all i have right now and i use it for trail riding (XC) on trails behind my house. I want to try down hill and xc on other trail but first i'd like a REAL mountian bike, 1 that can handle all. i've reseached the switchblade and seemed like it'd handle well but i wanted some more input thanks!
    Ellsworth joker models in a small size are now available as they have restructed their lineup. No more isis. I saw 15 inch frames for 600 bucks in this months mountain bike action. The joker will take anything you can throw at it. Much cheaper than titus.