i want spring!

Titus Racer X100 or Moto-lite or Turner Flux or Yeti 575?

I narrowed it down to these 4 bikes. Titus Racer X-100, Titus Moto-lite, Turner Flux and a Yeti 575. I'm looking for an fairly light weight, aggressive bike that can handle roots, rocks & ruts of the east coast. What's your opinions? And also what kind of fork would you match it up to?

dirty bert
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice bikes.

I'd take the moto-lite over the racer-x, just because it is adjustable travel for minimal weight gain. It's also cheaper. There's one gone.

Why the flux and not the 5spot?

I ride a 575. Great, great bike. Fabulous. The only thing I would trade it for would be a spot. Not due to any percieved weakness with my ride, just like the Turners. All else being equal I didn't think they were worth the extra dough though.

Put a fox in the front. Float 130 I guess since you are weight concious. If you get the spot think about the romic coil and a Vanilla 130. The 575 can take a slightly longer fork. One of the adjustable fox 36 forks would be the shizzle on that, but would weigh more.

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    I narrowed it down to these 4 bikes. Titus Racer X-100, Titus Moto-lite, Turner Flux and a Yeti 575. I'm looking for an fairly light weight, aggressive bike that can handle roots, rocks & ruts of the east coast. What's your opinions? And also what kind of fork would you match it up to?

dirty bert
    They are all great bikes. Personally I'm leaning towards a Motolite. The only downside to the motolite is it has very little rear tire clearance.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    They are all great bikes. Personally I'm leaning towards a Motolite. The only downside to the motolite is it has very little rear tire clearance.
    Gotta agree all are great bikes. With the Titus, can you swap the chainstays for the wider model for more tire clearance?

One more to think about would be a Ventana El Saltamontes - you can set it up wit 3 all the way up to 6 inches of travel. The quality is impeccible, and pricing is comparable to the above.

With any of the bikes listed though... they're all good, but what flavor do you prefer?

I chose Electric Superdust. Got a Ventana El Feugo and it keeps edging me on... it's faster and more stable than the rider.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert

dirty bert
    Bert,
    This is a very common discussion here on MTBR. Use the thread search feature at the top of the What Bike To Buy page and just use some keywords (575 Flux, something like that). You should find a long history of people comparing these four bikes over and over with a lot of good input that should help you make your decision.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

Rat Fink
    I live in PA and just got a Yeti 575 Race Disk with an upgrade to a TALAS fork. It just glides over rocks and roots and climbs like a jet. The stock Maxxiss High Roller USTs wouldn't stay hooked laterally over rocks and roots and I replace them with Hutch Spiders and for me, the bike's perfect. Right now, I wouldn't trade this bike for anything else.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')