Specialized Enduro, Santa Cruz Heckler, Nomad, or Bullit? please help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Specialized Enduro, Santa Cruz Heckler, Nomad, or Bullit? please help

I am 120 pounds, 15, live in Colorado. I need a new bike. I was looking at these and they all looked sick. I do everything. Dirt jumping, a little downhill (not too technical), trails, cross country. I am looking for a bike that can do it all well. Any other suggestions you have are happily accepted or any deals you know of. On the santa cruz bikes I would have a 36 talas rc2, and keep it exact stock probably on specialized. ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT set ups for these bikes, other bikes, these bikes, anything anything anything. I would love to hear anything helpful or anything!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I saw your post in the AM section. I'm in no position to give you advice being that I do zero hardcore AM and DH riding. But, I was thinking that you might want to take into consideration that you could easily outgrow this frame in the matter of a year or two. Might be wise to pick one bike that'll get all of your riding done, less the DH, and save about a grand to buy a larger frame in 2 years.... if needed.
    Just a thought.

mtbr member
    I dont think you need anything too heavy because of your weight and the type of trail riding you will be doing. As mentioned you could easily outgrow the frame in a year or two. Then there is the budget if thats an issue. I think the Enduro makes a lot of sense. There are lots of them out there and if you out grow it in a year you could easily Ebay the frame and buy another larger frame on Ebay. Or after a year if you decided to go "big" sell the Enduro and go to a larger frame Nomad. Thats kind of my thought. Specialized also has lots of dealers which as I found out recently is a plus.

Members who have read this thread: 0