mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Source for 2015 Epic Expert World Cup frame parts

Just bought a frame and started building it up and have come to a barrier. The exit port hood scoop (fancy name for a cable/brake line ferrule) is missing. I never dreamed I would have so much trouble finding this part, I guess I'm learning the downside to internal routing.

But really as people might convert from internal to external routing, and vice-versa, you would think these parts would be readily available.

Anyway, I am desperately looking for a source (new or used) for this part and will be very grateful if anyone has any information. To be specific I am looking for the version that has the 4mm and 5mm holes.

mtbr member
    You can try your local Spec dealer and see if they may have one lying around or can get if from Spec.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Dealers baffled

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    You can try your local Spec dealer and see if they may have one lying around or can get if from Spec.
    That's been my problem, LBS (several Spec dealers) can't locate the part in their computer system. I have emailed Specialized directly with no response so far.

Since this part (and other versions of it) would be necessary if owners wished to change from their original set up, either adding more internal routing or going to external brake routing, it should be available in all the versions.

Otherwise, I need to find someone parting out their old frame. Likely most doing so would not even consider this to be a valuable part to sell. If anyone has one, or knows of a dealer source, please let me know. There is zilch online for this part.

mtbr member
    LBS here would contact Spec dealer support on my behalf to try to get the part.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    LBS here would contact Spec dealer support on my behalf to try to get the part.
    You make a good point. Mine does not seem to be willing or able to take such action on my behalf. If anyone has a good contact at their LBS I would have no problem working with them even if it meant I had to have the part shipped to me. Open to suggestions

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Do you have a picture of the exact part? I have a few spares from SJ frames that might fit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post
    Do you have a picture of the exact part? I have a few spares from SJ frames that might fit.
    I was able to find the link below. Pretty good picture. I need the cable guide with both the 4 mm (shifter cable) and 5mm (rear brake line). I appreciate any help

https://goo.gl/images/PjkE9F

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ42racer View Post
    I was able to find the link below. Pretty good picture. I need the cable guide with both the 4 mm (shifter cable) and 5mm (rear brake line). I appreciate any help

https://goo.gl/images/PjkE9F
    PM me a shipping address.

https://i.imgur.com/NMWPW8G.jpg

I may have grabbed the wrong screw for it. Are you sure it's the silver one pictured?