Sizing Advice GT i-Drive 5 2.0- Mtbr.com
    Expensive Mistake
    Sep 2007

Sizing Advice GT i-Drive 5 2.0

I'm thinking about buying a 2007 used GT i-Drive 5 2.0. I'm a little under 6'3'' and weigh about 195lbs. The bike i was looking was a Medium and I am not sure if this will be a big enough frame size for me. The shop said it original sold for $2,100 and are selling if for $1,350. Can someone please give me some sizing advice?

There's no app for this.

everybody's different

but here's a guideline for you.

You want the cockpit (butt on seat, hands on bars) to be just right. Not too upright, not too far forward with too much weight on your hands. It should feel like it was made for you.

2) Seated straight up on bike raise hands straight out forward at 90 degrees to your chest. Keeping back straight & arms rigid, bend forward using the pelvis as pivot point. Your hands should fall on the handlebars, or really close.

If it's not quite right, walk away. Like shoes, get the wrong size on sale and well, you know the rest. How big is your closet?

Jim

No good in rock gardens..
    My feeling is that it will be too small.

I have friends who are around your height (or slightly shorter at 6') and they are on the Large I Drive 5.

A friend of mine sells GT and I know he'd put you on a Large.
    Less isn't MOAR

Expensive Mistake
    Sep 2007
    thanks for the advice!

Walaking into the store I knew I needed a large but the sales guy was selling me hard on this gt saying a medium would be perfect. But now that i think about it he was probably pushing the medium hard because this small shop didnt have any large mtb in stock.

but thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 0