Should I buy this bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Should I buy this bike

Is this a good bike for $580.00

I just need a strong, sturdy mountain bike. I don't do crazy downhill, just rough singletrack.

http://www.raleighusa.com/bikes/moun...-8/?page=specs

mtbr member
    I would say pretty decent bike for the price. To go a step up to 27 speeds and hydraulic disc brakes would probably cost another $200. You might get a better fork at the same time. The 24 speed set up you lose one gear which if you are really hitting some steep stuff you might wish you had. 27 speeds give you a 22-34 gear ratio and 24 you get 22-32. Hydraulic disc brakes are nice. I am sure some people take a parking lot test and decide to make the step up to hydraulic which usually also means going to 27 speeds. But back to the $580 that is a pretty attractive price.

TRANCER
    I'm one of those few people who actually like Raleighs but I think you can do better for that price. I don't think id ever invest in anything with a suntour fork. I got my son a brand new 2009 Trek 6000 with a Rockshox Dart 3 fork at my LBS. Disk brakes etc for 599
    Last edited by Biohazard74; 05-13-2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard74
    I'm one of those few people who actually like Raleighs but I think you can do better for that price. I don't think id ever invest in anything with a suntour fork. I got my son a brand new 2009 Trek 6000 with a Rockshox Dart 3 fork at my LBS. Disk brakes etc for 599
    How the heck did you get that price?!!!!!

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by kauaikwala
    How the heck did you get that price?!!!!!
    They were getting ready for the 2010's at cycleworld here in Miami. Check out their website man. I have found the best prices there on all bikes. Not sure if they ship but it might be worth asking. I think the website is cycleworldmiami.com
    Ride

Members who have read this thread: 0