Trentmeyers

Scratched Carbon Frame

My Trek fuel 80 was shipped through UPS and the frame got scratched. NO cracks but it has some scratches. Anything i should do... or worry about. cheers!
    Last edited by Trentmeyers; 09-27-2009 at 07:30 PM.

mtbr member
    pics please. how did they scratch it? i would worry that the scratch was a sign of worse damage.

Trentmeyers
    heres the pics of the bike. The second one looks worse because of the lighting. Im not sure how the bike was scratched, but when i got it the box had holes in it and looked like someone opened it. Some of the parts were out of the bag and the foam protecting the bike was at the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All fat, all the time.
    Was that purchased used or from a shop? Insurance on the shipping?
    Even if it was safe to ride, I'd be pretty ticked about all the scratches & stuff.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Odds are they opened it either to see if they could find any drugs (all mountain bikers do them afterall, according to the media) or decide if it was worth "losing" into the back of their own van afterwork.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Trentmeyers
    I bought the bike from my uncle. Lucky at the last moment we put 2000 on insurance. The claim is being looked at. As for the bike, i took it into my local bike shop and the frame is fine, they said just some nail polish will fix it lol. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0