mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Scott Genius vs Specialized New Stumpjumper

Iíll start off with saying Iím new here. But Iím looking to upgrade from a hardtail to a full suspension. And Iím on the fence between the Genius and the Stumpjumper. Iím 6í2Ē 195lbs and I have a bulging disc that seems to feel better and hurt less the more I ride. Just looking to upgrade cause Iím wanting to push past my limits and capabilities on my Specialized Hardrock. The trails where I live are mostly a mix of everything. But I have found through the years that I love rock gardens and technical trails the most. But really looking for a bike that can handle it all plus the DH and climbs.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I too would like to know the answer to your question. My thoughts at the moment are that theyíre probably a toss up. Both well thought out bikes. I love the Geniusís lockout button but I love the Stumpyís SWAT design. Any other thoughts on comparing these two bikes would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Iím 6í0 240, have a bulged l5 s1 disc from all my years playing sports. Started riding more and more and like you, feel better the more I ride. I picked up a scott spark and couldnít be happier. The ability to lock it out or open it up makes riding anywhere I want comfortable. Long urban rides or choppy downhill stuff, I can ride it no problem. The full suspension makes a big difference on my back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk