Recommendations on China/Taiwan frame builders?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Recommendations on China/Taiwan frame builders?

I wanna order a full suspension frame from China or Taiwan. Has anyone tried this and where should I buy from?

Im sure the quality is good, since almost all brand cycles have their frames produced here.

T.W.O.
    What frame? They may be made there but the brands still here, unless you are getting a Xing Hing Ming full suspension then it would be a piece of crap.

What brand and model do you have in mind

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I want a full suspension in either aluminium or titanium. Almost all big brand bikes are made in Taiwan or China (see here http://allanti.com/articles/where-wa...ade-pg328.htm).

Do you have any recommendations for me? Im in the mood to import stuff.....

T.W.O.
    Try pivot, Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, Ibis, Titus, Mavericks, these are a few brands that made in Asia, but to import those brand you don't go to Asia, you come to USA. Whether you want a bike or a fleet of bikes. So take you pick of fine collection of brands that made in Asia then place an order here in the US or if closer UK.

They are great stuffs.

banned
    Apr 2010
    Try most anything from Astro. They even have a bunch of DW Links in their line, too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    OK. The point is, I wanna build my own bike bit by bit. And then proudly present it to my fellow riders whilst they ride their generic fabricated horses. Gourmet ****...

On wuss patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by junktrunk
    Try most anything from Astro. They even have a bunch of DW Links in their line, too.
    I especially like the ASSPA from Astro. Kinda has that 10 year old Heckler vibe going.

Hey OP, if you get an Astro, likely all your riding friends will be like, "WTF is that?" Mission accomplished.

Oh man, do I smell troll shite in here?
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    OK.

Check out these full suspension beauties: http://www.alumate.com.tw/01frame.html

I mailed them several times, but they are not answering. Look at the AA26152 model, I like the gold bling-bling stuff on that.

I'm just messing with you
    I'm skeptical that Asian manufacturers are interested in selling quantity one of anything.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by junktrunk
    Their Glide model is slick.

Singletrack Slayer
    +1 on that. Would you even get a warranty and/or would they even honor one??
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Wow yeah. Those Kinesis bikes are nice. Regarding DavidNeiles reply, I am not sure they give warranty, but who cares if you buy two or three frames for the price of one in the US or Europe Hehe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba
    Will Kinesis ship a single frame over to America?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    As others have already mentioned, none of the decent manufacturers are interested in sending you a quantity of one. Your best bet at getting a no-name frame on the cheap is to look at Pricepoint/Sette, Performance Bike, or bikesdirect.com.

Some people import these in quantity and then sell through fleabay as well. I don't think I've seen too many FS mountain frames though.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by light_monkey
    Will Kinesis ship a single frame over to America?
    Don't know... but a Kinesis dealer probably will. For example:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/B...spx?BrandID=15

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    My wife actually is riding a bike now for fourth consecutive weekends... on my mountain bike. It was more like years between road bike outings. In each case, I am riding my hybrid with a fattish tire.

Considering that bikesdirect is so cheap, I abandoned the idea of doing my own build. It's not cost effective.

I'm trying to figure out if I should just ride my hybrid with my wife on the mountain bike 'till I can get a really nice mountain bike, or simply spring another one from bikesdirect.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    It just I have never heard about Motobecane...Seems inferior

mtbr member
    Kinesis makes frames for bikedirect.com where Motobecane is one of their brands.

Members who have read this thread: 1