Recommendations???- Mtbr.com

May 2004

Recommendations???

Anybody have any recommendations for a good introductory full suspension mountain bike? My Budget is maxed at $1,500.00 but would like to spend much less if possible.

mtbr member

Giant VT3

Just a suggestion. Maybe the NRS3 by Giant would also fit the bill. I suggested Giant because there are plenty of Giant dealers around and you really need to ride any bike before you purchase it.

Good luck.

mtbr member

Specialized Stumpjumper...

The Specialized Stumpjumper recently got great reviews in MB action.

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...4ov26dj.j27008

Also look around for a "last years model" as they are packed with good features at a discounted price. As stated above, test all bikes before buying.

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM
    Anybody have any recommendations for a good introductory full suspension mountain bike? My Budget is maxed at $1,500.00 but would like to spend much less if possible.

People of zee wurl,Relax!

Iron Horse Hollowpoint

Hey,
    I'm looking for a full suspension in the same exact price range right now and have test rode about 20 bikes. I really liked the stumpjumper but for less cash ($1200) I found the Iron Horse Hollowpoint sport is the best bike for the money. If you get a chance to test ride one I suggest you do it. The bike really feels good.
    Good Luck there are alot of great bikes out there.

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trail topher
    Hey,
    I'm looking for a full suspension in the same exact price range right now and have test rode about 20 bikes. I really liked the stumpjumper but for less cash ($1200) I found the Iron Horse Hollowpoint sport is the best bike for the money. If you get a chance to test ride one I suggest you do it. The bike really feels good.
    Good Luck there are alot of great bikes out there.
    I am not real up on what's what - who is the manufacturer of the bike you recommended I look at? Also, have you purchased one yet, if so, which one did you get?

People of zee wurl,Relax!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM
    I am not real up on what's what - who is the manufacturer of the bike you recommended I look at? Also, have you purchased one yet, if so, which one did you get?
    The bike is manufactured by Iron Horse and the model is the Hollowpoint Sport. You can look at one at the Supergo web site. I haven't purchased it yet but the guys at my local Performance bike shop let me test ride it a couple times. It feels much more plush than the Giant NRS and more comfortable than the Stumpjumper IMHO. If you have a Performance bike in your city they carry them. I've heard bad things about Supergo as far as assembling bikes. I am looking to make the purchase next week and it is really a tough decision between the Stumpjumper and the Hollowpoint. Both have 4" of travel and the Specialized has a great warranty. There are a couple Iron Horse guys on the board here that have been giving me advice, fanatek and ska todd. I would definately give it a test ride if you can. The bike has great specs for the cash.

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trail topher
    The bike is manufactured by Iron Horse and the model is the Hollowpoint Sport. You can look at one at the Supergo web site. I haven't purchased it yet but the guys at my local Performance bike shop let me test ride it a couple times. It feels much more plush than the Giant NRS and more comfortable than the Stumpjumper IMHO. If you have a Performance bike in your city they carry them. I've heard bad things about Supergo as far as assembling bikes. I am looking to make the purchase next week and it is really a tough decision between the Stumpjumper and the Hollowpoint. Both have 4" of travel and the Specialized has a great warranty. There are a couple Iron Horse guys on the board here that have been giving me advice, fanatek and ska todd. I would definately give it a test ride if you can. The bike has great specs for the cash.

thanks for the tip, i'll see if I can find one to test ride.