Raleigh 4.0 - Trek 4300- Gary Fisher Wahoo- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Raleigh 4.0 - Trek 4300- Gary Fisher Wahoo

I have $350-$450 to spend, I'm a weekend warrior that enjoys my time on singletrack and offroad, but am not too crazy. I really like the Raleigh 4.0 and 5.0, as well as Gary Fisher's Wahoo and Marlin. I've heard Trek's frames are excellent. What do you all think, if it was your money, where would you stick it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I like raleighs offerings out of these three, they seem to have the best component spec. The 5.0 is also not bad looking either.

US Army Vet-Airborne 11B

Good job! welcome aboard!

at this price point,the frames on each will come down to personal choice,take a test ride,making sure of proper fit,see which frame suits you best as far as feel.next,i'd compare the components,vs $ on each.if the bike that has the better components also happens to be the better "feeling" frame,it's a no brainer.i,myself am very loyal to a shop owner more than a particular brand,as i feel i'd be better served down the road by a local dealer in person than even a reputable corp. over the phone,but that s me.i don't have any personal experience w/ raleigh,but have been served well by both trek and fisher (and the genesis geometery fits me well),but currently ride redline and rocky mtn primarily (all from the same dealer ),but i still have a fisher frame hangin up in the shed,beside a 90's trek.
    which ever way you decide,have fun,and above all,HAVE FUN!happy trails

Members who have read this thread: 0