Questions on Marzocchi Fork/ and Which C-Dale Prophet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Questions on Marzocchi Fork/ and Which C-Dale Prophet

Whats up
    I've finally saved up the bread to get a new bike. I'm debating between the Cannondale Prophet 400 and the Prophet 600. There is a $300 dollar difference between the 2 bikes that is really going to make me go hungry/cause some problems this month, but I am willing to shell it out if it's going to be worth it in the long run.
    The Prophet 400 comes with an OEM Marzocchi Fork called the AM III. I can find no review info on this fork. They have a fork called the All Mountain III, which recieves very good ratings, but I'm not sure if this is the same thing. The 400 also comes with a Manitou Radium R rear shock, Avid BB5 brakes, and Sun Black Eye rims.
    The Prophet 600 comes with the Lefty Max fork up front and a Fox Float R in the back. It comes with Avid BB7 brakes and Mavic (100?) rims
    Both of the bikes come with crappy levers, pedals, saddle, and seat post--which will be replaced.
    I need help guys, which one should I get. Is it really worth spending the extra 300 bucks, or is the Marzocchi fork ok??????

mtbr member
    the marzocchi fork probably is very nice. probably better dampening than the lefty fluid flow. I would get the 600 though because the radium rear shock sucks. it is very harsh to ride on. i definitely prefer fox rear shocks to the radium. you can upgrade the lefty to tpc or spv in the future if you like and you can send the rear shock to pushindustries.com for optimal performance. also, if you don't like the lefty you can sell it, they have a very high resale value.

Freshly Fujified

Get the 600

Given the differences in the rear shock, brakes and rims, I say go with the 600. I have no experience with the Lefty's, but lots of people like them.

Best wishes in your decision.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0