Prophets...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Prophets...

mtbr member

Prophets...

Still looking, still saving my pennies. At all the bikes I have been looking at and been able to ride around at the LBS I still like the Prophet 600. Like I have said before I am fairly new, I'm no downhill killer or anything so I think going into the 1000 maybe just a bit more than I need. Looking at the prophets they are the same bike except for the suspension, so that brings my question to saving the pennies for the 800 or is TPC that much better than fluid flow? As always thanks for your time.

mtbr member

Tpc

I think SPV is worth the money if you need to hammer out of the saddle and it does have a great anti dive effect. That said I am currently running an SPV front fork and I like TPC better becuase it offers a plusher ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

TPC Lefty is great

I bought a Prophet 800 a month or so ago. I got the 800 model specifically to get the TPC fork (and I wanted to try the Shimano dual controls as well). The fork is great, so far I like it better than everything else I have run (Black Comp 120, Fox Vanilla and TALAS, Manitou Minute 3, Rockshox Pike). It is stiff and very plush, with pretty good rebound damping as well. The adjustable compression damping is nice, and much quicker to tune than SPV. I would get the 800 or maybe the 1000, as the Lefty forks with SPV don't seem to have the reliability issues of some of the earlier Minte forks with SPV.