Performance bike shop any good?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Performance bike shop any good?

Hi guys, does anyone have any experience buying a bike at a Performance bike shop? are they trustworthy? How are the lifetime free tuneups? later,
    dan

Dec 2003

Preformance is fine

Quote Originally Posted by EveryDaysANewDay
    Hi guys, does anyone have any experience buying a bike at a Performance bike shop? are they trustworthy? How are the lifetime free tuneups? later,
    dan
    Performance has been around for a while and they do take good care of their customers. They stand behind everything they sell and you can return anything you buy there....ususally no questions asked.

I wasn't overly impressed with their mechanics, but that probably varies from store to store.

I consider Performance a good place to buy bike equipment. I don't know anything about the lifetime tune-ups.

Feb 2004

Watch for their specials....

They have decent catalog and in store sales.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    dan
    I fully agree with everything the first replyer said. (Good shop, good CS, they stand behind their product, and marginal mechanics.)

I'd suggest that you ask this question on your local board, since many of the PBS are ex-LBS and run by different people, you will probably get a more accurate assessment if you ask people that shop at "your" PBS.

Good luck, and whatever you get, ride it and enjoy it.....

mtbr member
    dan

performance rocks. not only do they pricematch but you can than take 10% off of that for being a team performance member.

Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004

Performance pretty good for...

I think performance is a great shop and one of the few LBS's that sell at a discount, where most LBS sell components at high prices. Short of mail ordering stuff, it's the next best thing. I mostly use our local Performance shop for clothing and accessories.

If you're mail ordering or online, I'd bookmark all the online retailers like 123Bikes, Cambria, Performance, Nashbar, Pricepoint, Supergo & BeyondBikes and compare prices for a given component or accessory, and buy where you get the best deal. They're all pretty realiable.

There's no app for this.

Great service from them in

Canada, not a specialty of theirs, but they have no issues with my weird shipping requests (to dodge border brokerage charges). No problems in 4 years of somewhat infrequent orders, some big, some small.

FWIW, Jim

Jan 2004

If you are looking solely for....

... the best prices on individual components/parts, try www.comparisonpricing.com. They compare prices of all the online retailers for Shimano and many fork manufacturers.