out with the old...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

out with the old...

Im planning on getting rid of my 01 giant ac. its nickled and dimed me for the last time. my budget will likely be around 2000. I havent put a whole lot of thought what the replacment will be yet. Ive been happy with the current ride up until this point.

location limits me to alot more urban riding, loading docks, stairs, and road dividers.... than downhill. i would like to try and keep the bike down in weight if possible... I likely wont see anything more than 6' to flat. I weigh around 190 if that helps.... let me know if you need more info...

thanks in advance

ride hard take risks
    '05 Versus Blitz

http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/store...ES%20ON%20SALE
    Attached Images Attached Images

conjoinicorned
    versus? no way....

if you are riding mostly urban, stick with a burly hardtail or a short travel FS (like the preston). stay away from the big DH bikes unless you are riding big DH
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    i gotta rule out the hardtail... due to my bad form and a couple trips a summer, i need an all around bike. my NRS sees all the xc riding, so im not overly concerned about that factor...

conjoinicorned
    urban riding is soooo different from trail riding, especially geometry and weight. giant DH rigs suck in the city, probably part of the reason your AC kept crapping out on you.

if you are really against the hardtail, i would recommend a "shorter travel" rig like a preston, or more of a 4x type bike (older norco 4x4, cove hooker etc)
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    it may seem like a dumb question, but as a new entry to urban riding... what are the benifits of a hardtail to a fs. my college town is nowhere near mountains of any sort, so im dealing with whats around me. If i do go the FS route, what specifically would be somethings im looking for?
    Last edited by laackund; 08-30-2006 at 03:24 PM.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ferday
    versus? no way....

if you are riding mostly urban, stick with a burly hardtail or a short travel FS (like the preston). stay away from the big DH bikes unless you are riding big DH
    The '05 can be lowered to 4".

mtbr member
    Transition Bottle Rocket.

Members who have read this thread: 0