mtbr member

Opinions and thoughts on my Sponsor

Should I consider getting this bike later in the season when and if I can afford it or just stick to my original plan and let the sponsorship expire? What's your thoughts on it?

https://eminentcycles.com/collection...haste-advanced

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by dragracer88 View Post
    Should I consider getting this bike later in the season when and if I can afford it or just stick to my original plan and let the sponsorship expire? What's your thoughts on it?

https://eminentcycles.com/collection...haste-advanced
    Hey Dragster, good to see you back. Is Eminent Cycles your sponsor? Nice looking bike, the Haste.

What bike are you riding now? What kind of riding do you do? What's the terrain like where you live? It will be hard to offer good advice about moving forward without understanding a little more about your current situation.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Downhill and Enduro. My Hardtail runs the local trail just fine, so could do without an Enduro bike. But if I do get the Haste or even win an Enduro bike from a raffle, not sure what to do with the Hardtail at that point in time.

mtbr member
    Terrain depends on weather. It's still slick and wet at the trails until end of week. My Hardtail hooks more than usual (slides out/drifts) in the current conditions than it would in dry conditions. Read my thread about Rocky Knob MTB park in the se forum. Still, I handle the hooking well. I prefer hooking. Fast in, fast out. Compared to going slow and letting the tires bite.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by dragracer88 View Post
    Downhill and Enduro. My Hardtail runs the local trail just fine, so could do without an Enduro bike. But if I do get the Haste or even win an Enduro bike from a raffle, not sure what to do with the Hardtail at that point in time.
    Well if you're doing DH & enduro, I sincerely believe you'll benefit by stepping into a full suspension bike. As for what to do with your current hardtail at that point, you might consider keeping it (lots of us have both types of bikes*) or you could always post an ad to Craigslist and sell it.
    =sParty

*To many avid off-road riders, bikes are as sails to a windsurfer. Different conditions are best exploited by using the right tool. Hardtail, FS, fatbike, tour bike, etc. For example I live in a wet climate and I choose not to expose my expensive FS frame pivots and suspension components to the abrasive rainy winter elements here. So I ride my hardtail during the wet season, about half the year. Others get snow when we get rain -- those riders might have a fat bike as a second bike. So maybe you'll want to keep your hardtail even if you get that nifty Haste.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Edited:

Good luck with your new bike, looks like fun! Keep on riding.
    Last edited by One Pivot; 05-23-2018 at 05:47 PM.