mtbr member

Opinions on this Ebay Cannondale

This is one gorgeous bike. Ebay linky

I question the $4000 original price, with what with no disk brakes. Seems like all else would have to be of exceptional quality.

I've searched the reviews and if I read the correct review this is one sweet sweet bike. What would YOU pay for such a bike, assuming it is as advertised -- 8 out of 10 cosmetic and mechanical?
    Current stead is is a Cannondale Super V 3000 -- It's sweet!!!!
    Loaner bike is a Trek ZX7000 el-cheapo -- it works fine.

Will work for gear

Its a 8 year old bike.

Quote Originally Posted by palmdaleRider
    This is one gorgeous bike. Ebay linky

I question the $4000 original price, with what with no disk brakes. Seems like all else would have to be of exceptional quality.

I've searched the reviews and if I read the correct review this is one sweet sweet bike. What would YOU pay for such a bike, assuming it is as advertised -- 8 out of 10 cosmetic and mechanical?

I wouldn't pay the $380 its going for now. $250 tops.

Currently in Exile

Up to over $400 now

I don't get it. That bike is nothing special, and it pedals like it is stuck in mud. Rides like a pogo stick. Whatever you want to say, it was one of those early designs that really didn't work that well.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

Get out of town!

uhhhh nope

I think if you buy that bike you will end up being stuck with something you don't like. You'd be better off looking for a nice hardtail. Plus you can still find deals on good FS bikes if you are patient. I sold a 2001 Giant NRS2 (with a Duke SL U-turn front shock, SRAM 9.0 drlr, Thomson seat post, etc.) in August for $650 on ebay. It was a much better bike than that, and I have seen similar deals in the classifieds on this site. I would keep looking. Just my .02

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    I think if you buy that bike you will end up being stuck with something you don't like. You'd be better off looking for a nice hardtail. Plus you can still find deals on good FS bikes if you are patient. I sold a 2001 Giant NRS2 (with a Duke SL U-turn front shock, SRAM 9.0 drlr, Thomson seat post, etc.) in August for $650 on ebay. It was a much better bike than that, and I have seen similar deals in the classifieds on this site. I would keep looking. Just my .02
    I agree. I'm going to look at a Jekyll 400 that is suppose to be in mint condition this afternoon. Guy's asking $500. I'm thinking $375 - $400. It's very local to me, and that is an important advantage.

This Ebay Bike just looks magnificient, but I have an inherent problem spending several hundred of dollars on anything on Ebay, that I can't first touch that has to be shipped. Going thru an Escrow service for several hundred $ seems overkill and paranoid, so I pretty much have discounted the idea already.
    Current stead is is a Cannondale Super V 3000 -- It's sweet!!!!
    Loaner bike is a Trek ZX7000 el-cheapo -- it works fine.

Demon Cleaner

Not a fan of the Can-endo Super V

I bought one new in 1997. It's still my town bike. It had some good things about it ... back in '97. But it doesn't anymore. I have taken my bike on some "serious" rides, and it certainly is an able bike, but it is so much less comfortable than my Enduro ('04).

That said, the the old Super Vs are a good deal. It is hard to find any good full suspension bikes for that cheap, and a $400 Super V is going to ride better than and $400 new bike. Cannondal also built those frames solidly. Stress relieved welds. Made in USA. Nice stuff for $400...

If you could only swap out the fork I think it might be a worthwhile experiment. But the Cane Creek DoubleXc headsets to put a standard fork on cost $80! Add that to a $300 fork and you are talking about doubling the initial price.

Better to save up a grand and get something newer and more compatible with current parts.
    Bicycling is politics by other means.

Get out of town!

Enduro's rock!

I have a 04 Enduro Expert and it is a GREAT bike. I also have a steel frame Gary Fisher Aquila that I am going to re-finish. I am going to post the before and after pics in these forums. If anyone likes the results and wants to breath life into one of your old (or existing) frames let me know.