On-One, Vassago or something else- Mtbr.com
    mtbr lurker

On-One, Vassago or something else

I am in the market for a more serious mountain bike I am a converted roadie who has been riding a rigid aluminum SS 29er with V-brakes for 2 years. I am looking to upgrade and was most interested in On-One or Vassago. I live in North Central FL and some trails can be obnoxiously rooty but I will be graduating soon and will almost certainly be living else where so I want something versatile.

Things I am 100% sure I want.
    -Front suspension
    -disk brakes

Things I am unsure of.
    -Frame material
    -Wheel size
    -gears or ss

I'm most interested in the 456 summer season, 456, inbred 29, jabberwocky, bandersnatch, inbred, scandal 29 and scandal.

mtbr lurker

more info

Also, I ride mostly XC single track I'm 21 and 5'10 180. I feel least comfortable on the descents but I don't know if that it attributed to the rigid and v-brake combo. Durability and comfort are my primary concerns I don't have class on Tuesday and Thursday so I usually pack a lunch and spend the day at the trails.

mtbr member
    Well the Jabberwocky has a long and low set up on their frames. I rode one for a short bit just a while ago and I'm sold. I live in MA and understand about roots. If you can find someone that has one take it for a spin. I think your confidence will return on the decents.

Members who have read this thread: 0