NYC; Where to Ride and What works Best?- Mtbr.com
    AussieLostInNyc

New question here. NYC; Where to Ride and What works Best?

This is the second time I am throwing it out there....
    I started off with a $1300 budget but got caught up in getting better components and now am looking at a '04 VT2. This is just from reading reviews etc. I have been out of serious trail riding for five years.
    I guess I am not sure what to get and even if I need to spend that much $$ on a bike if there is no where to ride. I tried the trail review but I don't know where these areas are. I read inwood at the top of manhatten but when I went past it on the weekend with some friends crossing the bridge it looked like it could not support any riding.
    If I ask the guys in the local shop they are like 'sure you can bust up there' but maybey they just want to flog a bike.
    So.
    Who rides in NYC and where do you ride?
    How long does it take to get to Van Cortland Park which seems to offer the best/closest riding and what type of bike is suited to the area? My budget was alot smaller than the VT2 will set me back but if it holds up better it is money invested not wasted.
    Some one throw me some advice please!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How far can you travel? What works best is the best you can afford and what fits. With the shock tecnology you have more choices now than ever before. I'd look at the Giant brand(like you already have, kona, Jamis, Specialized, trek). All very good bikes. The less you spend the less you get.

Members who have read this thread: 0