nrs1 or vt2- Mtbr.com

Thread: nrs1 or vt2

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

nrs1 or vt2

Hey There, I Am Having An Awful Time Deciding On Which Bike I Should Go With Between The Vt 2 And The Nrs 1. I Currently Ride A Hardtail And Am Looking To Switch To A Full Suspension. I Mostly Just Ride For Fun With My Buddies But Do The Odd Adventure Race Here And There. I Know The Nrs Is A Xc Race Bike And Is Lighter But Does Anyone Know The Weight Difference Between Them Or Have Any Insight On Where I Should Be Leaning.

MTB SOCAL

VT-2 > NRS-1

Quote Originally Posted by kermie
    Hey There, I Am Having An Awful Time Deciding On Which Bike I Should Go With Between The Vt 2 And The Nrs 1. I Currently Ride A Hardtail And Am Looking To Switch To A Full Suspension. I Mostly Just Ride For Fun With My Buddies But Do The Odd Adventure Race Here And There. I Know The Nrs Is A Xc Race Bike And Is Lighter But Does Anyone Know The Weight Difference Between Them Or Have Any Insight On Where I Should Be Leaning.
    The NRS-1 is a great bike, but is limited in what it's designed to do. It is a light cross country bike, great if that's all you plan to do. If you enter cross country races, go with the NRS. Or if you have several bikes and need a bike just for xc. But, for most riders, if you had to only have one, the VT would be much more fun. It pedals like a hardtail with the SPV shock and the suspension is very active when you descend. It's probably 4+ lbs heavier than the NRS. But, I think the quality of suspension and increased travel are worth the extra weight. You will still be able to keep up with your friends on the cross country trails, but you will enjoy the other types of riding much more. Lastly, the components on the VT-2 are probably not as good as the NRS-1, but can be easily upgraded if you desire later. You should test ride both to get a better feel.