Newbie need recommendations.. Miele- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Newbie need recommendations.. Miele

Hi guys,

I'm not so new to biking but pretty much a newbie when it comes to brands, parts quality etc.. Actually it's been a while since the last time I biked. This summer I'd like to get back into the sport. I'll do mostly paved/gravel paths with the g/f, mountain touring, and very occasionnal XC. Nothing extreme, really. Looking at hard tails mostly.

Note that I'm in Canada. I'm currently looking at this one at my LBS:

Miele Pulse SX
    http://www.mielebicycles.com/main+en...=46&BikeID=661

It has an Al frame and brand name components for the most part. Is it any good? They're clearing the inventory so its currently priced at 380$ CDN +tx.

One other LBS recommended the Trek 820 for the same price. That one got a steel frame though.
    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...dtail/820/820/

Also, reading on the forum I've learned about Forge, and looked into the Saranac CM and the 5xx which sells for US$ 235 and 380 respectively at Target nowadays. Importing a bike into Canada is doable, but still kind of an hassle. Although I have access to a US addess for the shipping, I'm not sure Target would accept payment on a Canadian credit card...
    Side quesiton, are Forge bikes available at LBS' at all in Canada ? There is no dealer search or else on Forge's website.

Thanks in advance

Edit: The Forge Edgmont might be a good choice too?
    Edit 2 : Another LBS has the 2008 Specialized Hardrock Sport on sale for 425$ (CDN as always).
    Last edited by mach128x; 04-15-2010 at 11:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Mods please lock this thread, I'm starting a refocused thread in the Beginer's Corner.

Members who have read this thread: 0