need a recomendation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

need a recomendation

hey everyone! im new here and glad to be in the forum!! ive been biking for a while now, lots of trails and im big into moutain biking. ive always been on bikes that get from a-b from sports authority and other sporting goods places, never really spent more then 200 on a bike but i still have had fun. however i want to upgrade to sumthin to get me from a-c lol. lookin to spend no more then 700, what would you guys all suggest? thanks in advance!

Zach

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    also im 6'2"-6'3" and about 200lbs
    thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    That will get you into the entry level of some of the Big Name bikes hardtails..Specialized Trek and Gaint. I would take a walk to your Local Bike Shop (lbs) and pose the same questions. At that level you really cant go wrong with any of the above manufacturers.

Clyde
    This year I picked up a lightly used 06 Marin Mount Vision for my son for $450. The bike retailed for $1800. It came with all the original receipt. Keep an eye on the local classified or craiglist. Walk away if it is beat or if they down have the paper work.

Do some research on the type of bike you are looking for with $700 you should be able to find a bike for 50% to 70% off retail. So a bike that originally sold for $1,500 - $2,000. Don't go older than 4 or 5 years. My first FS was a 2000 Jekyll. I picked it up for $600 rode it for 18 month and sold it for $600. Until I decided to go all it.
    09 Ibis Mojo - All Mountain Moab Edition

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Also, for a small amount more, the Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc 29er can be had for the upper 700s. A nice 29er for the money, and I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to ride! (The color is puke green though.)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgang
    That will get you into the entry level of some of the Big Name bikes hardtails..Specialized Trek and Gaint. I would take a walk to your Local Bike Shop (lbs) and pose the same questions. At that level you really cant go wrong with any of the above manufacturers.
    thanks for the input guys! i really appreciate it. take a walk? r u saying that im fat? lol. im 6% bf so i dont have much to loose haha

Members who have read this thread: 0