Spec:
    20" Freestyle BMX with Excellent Spec
    Freestyle Frame with Oversize tubing
    3 Piece Cranks
    48 spoke double walled alloy wheels with 14MM AXLES
    360 degrees giro braking system with alloy V Brakes
    2 piece handlebars, layed back seat post
    comes with 4 Stunt Pegs

They are going for about 110 pounds on Ebay, are they any good?

btw im about 6'2, will a 20" frame be ok?

Thanks.

hardcore on the bunnyhill
    Quote Originally Posted by sway187
    Hi,

Im new to BMX'ing.

Im thinking about buying a VISP BMX02

Spec:
    20" Freestyle BMX with Excellent Spec
    Freestyle Frame with Oversize tubing
    3 Piece Cranks
    48 spoke double walled alloy wheels with 14MM AXLES
    360 degrees giro braking system with alloy V Brakes
    2 piece handlebars, layed back seat post
    comes with 4 Stunt Pegs

They are going for about 110 pounds on Ebay, are they any good?

btw im about 6'2, will a 20" frame be ok?

Thanks.
    Well I'm not too big into BMX but here is what I would do (and I think many here would agree with me.)
    First, I would upgrade those 20" wheels to a 26 inch. Then take that steel fork and upgrade that to something like a Marzocchi 66. The frame would then have to be upgraded too to fit these of course, so take an Intense Uzzi frame and start slapping this stuff on there. The giro braking system might not be enough for this type of bike either, so go with some juicy 7's with 8" rotors. Apparently this bike already has a "sweet spec" so just make sure all the Sram X.0 stuff has been installed properly and then you can go out and have a killer time on your new bmx bike! (If you can find said bike for 110 pounds, let me know)
    Mr.Burns: Quick Smithers, bring me the mind eraser device!
    Smithers: You mean the revolver, sir?
    Mr.Burns: Precisely.

Freshly Fujified

Don't mind evmath

Apparently he drank too much sarcasm before posting

The bike you're looking at seems to have some very generic specifications to it. It lists no name brands, just generalities regarding the bike. In terms of the general specs, it is pretty standard. I like the fact that it has double wall rims and 48 spokes. That should be a fairly strong wheelset. I would be interested in what brand of rims and hubs the wheelset uses, as well as the brand and model of the gyro, cranks, and brakes. I'd be able to give a better assessment with this info. As for the 20 inch frame, all BMX bikes are considered 20inch frames because of the 20" wheel size (although there is a 24" "cruiser" type BMX). The frames should come in sizes such as S, M, L, and XL. The difference in these sizes will basically be the top tube length. Check with the store selling you the bike as to which size frame they recommend.

If you want to visit a forum that is more focused on BMX, try this link:

http://www.bmx-forum.com/

I hope this helps.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

another bozo on the bus
    when you say 20" are you just reffering to wheel size, or is that a top tube measurement? my guess is that it would have like a 19" TT since it is a stock bike, which for me being 6'2 feels a bit cramped bmx bike. i need at least a 20.5" or 21" to feel comfortable, but then again, it may not matter depending on what you are using it for. also, i have never heard of visp so i cant tell you if it is a deal or not. could be a great bike, but my guess is it will weigh between 35 and 40 lbs of hi-ten steel and you will be selling yourself short if you are really interested in getting the feel for bmx.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    ah Thanks for help guys and thanks for that forum u posted Call_me_Clyde, i found imformation about the bike on there forum. People say the bike is absolute **** and never to buy it.....

Shame i already ordered it earlier on today

Im trying to cancle my order now.

Members who have read this thread: 0