Need Advice! Purchasing a New Bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Need Advice! Purchasing a New Bike

I'm just getting back into Mountain Biking after several years away. I have rode most of the summer on my 10yr old K2 FS. I'm wanting to enter some local races and defiantly need an upgrade. I'm looking to spend around $2,500. What do you think is the best FS bike in that range? I've looked at the Trek EX7 and a Yeti 575, there are so many options I'm really confused. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by gman10; 08-22-2010 at 10:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What type of racing? Just as important what type of terrain/trail surfaces when not racing? Any relevant height/weight factors?

On the money side, its good you're willing to bring enough to play with to the table, especially since end-of-the-year blowouts are coming.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Racing will just be average XC racing, not very hilly, lots of single track medium difficulty. I'm 5'11'' and weight 180. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yep, you're right. There's a lot of choices in that category. I'm more AM/some FR so this really isn't my area. You might want to post a thread over in General too if you don't get enough feedback here. Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0