my first bike but which one?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

my first bike but which one?

Hi all,

I need some advice on which bike to buy. Cannondale F5 or Trek 4500 SE. I'm new to the scene and my intentions are to use the bike to commute to and from work vs my car. and to use it on trails whenever i get the chance. I'm a hiker by heart. My budget is $1000 CDN. When i shopped around the trek was going for $849.99 plus taxes and Cannondale $999.99 plus taxes. I've tested both and both have their unique rides but i think i'm leaning towards the Cannondale just because it felt more solid but if anyone can convince me otherwise please do cause i love them both.

TRANCER
    I got my son the 2009 Trek 6000 disk and its an awesome bike. I rode that cannondale as well but i got a deal at my LBS for $650 out the door for the Trek so i couldn't say no. Both are great bikes IMO but if the Dale felt better for you id go ahead and jump on that one.
    Ride

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Wow what a deal. If i can haggle to those numbers for an '09 bike then i'd be one happy camper. thanks for the reply and i think you are right. Go with what feels best.

Members who have read this thread: 0