Motolite or Yeti575? which one is better?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Motolite or Yeti575? which one is better?

hi guys,

need your advice. Can't decide between Motolite and Yeti575...

I read review both perform equally well, so what should be the catch?

pls give me your opinion...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Ride them both. You can't really decide until then, one will most likely feel better -- that's the one to with.

mtbr member

Both great bikes.

Use the search function. This comparison was in high rotation not too long ago. General consensus was that the motolite has a stiffer rear and the horst link, and the 575 has a plusher feel and well designed suspension. They both climb and descend great. Both bikes are more similar than dissimilar.

Ant

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ride them both. You can't really decide until then, one will most likely feel better -- that's the one to with.
    in my country, no LBS provide such service, you will never know how the bike feels until you built it up with your own cash. sad...

i've tried riding both the motolite and 575 (borrowed from friends) for a short distance, couldn't make up any differences, partly was too short distance and shock setup not properly tuned to my weight...

but might go for ML2 once i get a look at the frame this week....

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I rented a 575 and Motolite on different trips to Colorado. I ended up buying the Motolite. The 575 was a really nice bike, no doubt. It was plusher feeling...more of a trail/all mountain feel. It didn't pedal as efficiently as the Motolite which has more of a XC/trail feel. The Motolite feels faster and more nimble. The Motolite climbed better, while in my opinio the 575 was a bit more stable on the descents. For the type of riding that I do, the Motolite fit the bill. Both are great bikes, no doubt.

aka Dick Dangle

the 575 blows thur it's travel way to fast,I sold mine right away...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    anyone got experience with ML2 compared to ML? as i viewed the frame today... there is improvement made, but unable to test ride... so need advice.

and it cost more as well. is it same in the states?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I had the 2006 ML, but sold it because the frame was too big for me. I got the 2007 ML2 one size smaller. It's about 3/8th of a pound lighter because of the carbon seatstays and rockers, plus the anodizing is lighter than paint (and looks better and is more durabl). The most noticable difference is in performance is the RP23 shock vs. The older RP3. The adjustability and the ability to go to full open is really nice.

Members who have read this thread: 0