Moto Fly Ti- Mtbr.com

Thread: Moto Fly Ti

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Moto Fly Ti

I'm in the market for a new Ti hardtail (last one was stolen) and the crazy deals on the Motobecane Fly Ti caught my eye -- basically little over a grand for frame + SID Race (which looks like the stiffer 2009 model with the 32mm stanchions). For a Ti hardtail and decent fork it seems like a great deal to me, so what's the downside??!

Dealing with dodgy online retailers might be one issue... but is the frame so bad that they have to unload them at bargain prices?!

AZ
    banned
    Down side is that your probably not going to be able to test ride one . I would have a hard time spending the money on something I cant at least swing a leg over . Bikes Direct is the seller , they are a reputable company , no worries there .

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    AZ is right. You gotta test ride to make sure it's right for you and BD is pretty ruputable. Never have a problem with them. I know the web page looks cheap and iffy but they are good. My brother ordered a 29er Ti Fly team frame+fork and got UPS confirm # the next day and the frame arrived three days after. So it tooks less than one work week to get his frame.

"Too cheap to be true". that was my thought at first until i saw the frame in person. Wow, it's beautiful. So i ended up order one for myself. My brothers MotoB 29er Ti is 20.5 lbs with 1x9 set up. It rides like a dream. Mine will be SS and hoping to get it at 19lb. Good luck with your decision

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    OK, looks like I'll have to try and find a local dealer, which will be tough since the moto website doesn't seem to offer any help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Frame is a wet noodle, you buy the parts and get the frame free. Try to get support from Motobecane...good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0