Marino custom hardtail and full sus frames, anybody have one?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Marino custom hardtail and full sus frames, anybody have one?

I came across Marino custom frames and given the price I'm very tempted to give them a shot. It seems there are a few thoughts out there on the 'net, but I've not seen any threads here on mtbr. Does anybody have one to speak of the quality of the welds, etc? Further, did anyone purchase a frameset, thoughts on the fork? Are you happy with your purchase? What about communication and warranty?

I'm very tempted, but need more input. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by dbhammercycle; 09-17-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I came across Marino custom frames and given the price I'm very tempted to give them a shot. It seems there are a few thoughts out there on the 'net, but I've not seen any threads here on mtbr. Does anybody have one to speak of the quality of the welds, etc? Further, did anyone purchase a frameset, thoughts on the fork? Are you happy with your purchase? What about communication and warranty?

I'm very tempted, but need more input. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    A lot of Sick Bicycles steel frames were actually Marino built so you can check out those reviews. Marino has an often updated Instagram account where you can see more of their bikes and they tag owners in some posts so you could reach out to them on that platform and ask their thoughts.

https://www.instagram.com/marinobike/
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Thanks Vik for the reply. I did come across a reddit post about how Marino was starting to sell off the Sick frames that he had yet to be paid for and saw some posts that basically said people were happy with the frames but not with the business. I also have seen the instagram page. I guess I'll have to sign up to see if I can chat with some of those owners.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Awesome that you posted this thread, because I am curious about their full suspension frame.. Very little info out there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    The welds I have seen from over on PB look pretty good. I have seen a complaint of the brake tab not being welding straight on one of the Sick frames and a Marino fork.

But it seems like most people seem pretty happy with them. I am tempted too.
    Ragley Big Wig, Sunday Soundwave (BMX), Nashbar CXSS (workout)

mtbr member
    Agreed, the pics have looked good'n'enticing. Let's hope we can get some first hand accounts of the process.

I came across one complaint about the bottle cage bosses not being completely in line, but that's not a big deal to me since I'd be using a full frame bag. The disc tab not being straight might be a bit annoying though. I most likely wouldn't want all the bolt on options of the Surly frames, but standard eyelets would be nice. That said, there's always p clamps and straps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I remember seeing more than a few of their frames on the observedtrials forum. Never saw a bad review- most people seemed to be happy with the frames.
    "The free press doesn't serve the government, it serves the governed."