Looking at new bikesHELP- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Looking at new bikesHELP

I am in the market for a new bike. I haven't had one in about 10 years, but always had mountain bikes. (I stopped riding when I got my car) Anyway now I am looking into getting back into riding. I have ruled out a hybrid. A LBS salesman showed me one and I wasn't wild about it, then I read more about them which confirmed my feeling. Based on what I am reading and seeing and my budget I am considering 3 bikes. (this is not to say I am not open to other suggestions)

The Gary Fisher Wahoo disc and the Specialized Rock Hopper comp disc seem to be up my alley. The fisher MSRP is about 100 less, but there seems to be less negative info about it. The rockhopper although a little more expensive seems to have gotten a little more negative press.

Today I went to a different store and he showed me the Bianchi Doss 5200 which also seems to be comparible and in the same price range. He also told me that I should consider a 29er due to my size. I am 6'1 and about 250.

I am looking for some guidance as to what I should be going to test ride, and what would be the right buy for my money. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Forgot the basics

I am 27 years old and want to spend between 5 and 700 if possible. I am looking to do some basic trail riding nothing to extreme. I would rather spend closer to 700 to get a better quality bike. Again your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Did you look into the Hardrock from Specialized? Pretty good bike. I have had my 2008 Hardrock Pro for a year now and it has done me good. I'm about ready to buy a full suspension bike next week since I am advancing quite quickly though. Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0