Looking for hard tail under 800- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Looking for hard tail under 800

1) less than 800 preferably around 700 but if its a lit over thats fine
    2) What bikes: All new and most current models. Trek 4300 disc, giant revel 0, specialized hardrock sport disc, kona mahuna
    sorry i cant post links yet

3) I don't care about riding on the road at all i plan on just taking this in the woods riding some trails maybe going up some hills nothing major, potentially take it off a couple really small jumps
    4) Hardtail
    5) male 20 5' 9" and 175
    6) I am only willing to buy a new bike and from a lbs
    7) offer anything in the price range should i consider 29er?
    Im looking to buy within the next month or two no major rush just hoping to get an idea and i realize that most of these bikes are probably really similar im just a noob so thanks for the help

Former Bike Wrench
    Do you have a Performance Bike nearby, they usually have some good deals. For example:
    2011 GT Karakoram 2.0 29" Mountain Bike - 29er Mountain Bikes

This would be a great buy at $750 and can be shipped to your local Performance for free, assembled, and given free lifetime adjustments

mtbr member
    I am very pleased with my Specialized hardrock disc 29er. The pro version is within your price range and has a step up in components. If a 29er isn't your thing, they also come in 26in.

May be able to get a deal on leftover 2011 models at your LBS.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    No unfortunately i dont have a performance bike nearby. thanks for the advice ill definitely go to a lbs and check out the specialized

LightJunction.com
    Haro makes some good options in that range, and they're usually priced pretty low considering their brand isn't as widely recognized. Marin is another brand worth checking out. Do you have an REI near you? They usually carry Marin.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I just picked up a Scott Aspect 20... Awesome bike! Plus no everyone has one... They run right around 800... Scott ASPECT 20 Mountain Bike 2011 ... Scott Aspect 20 XC Hardtail Reviews

mtbr member
    Second the Marin suggestion.

Carrick
    Feb 2012
    I found some bikes on my my local craigslist. If you guys with all the knowledge out there could help me that would be great. My budget is around $800 as well. Locally there is a 2005 Trek liquid 25 going for $800, a 2006 Cannondale rush 600 lefty for $800, a 2009 Cannondale rush 7 for $700, and a 2007 Cannondale rush 5 lefty for $750. I have done some research, but I just don't have enough bike knowledge to choose. All three bikes are in great condition. If anyone has any info on these bikes or could make a recommendation on one that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone for your time.

SANCTUS
    This has some decent components, MSRP is a little high however LBS price should be lower.Thing about your price range is that the forks are not stellar.KHS Bicycles :: Alite 1000

Members who have read this thread: 0