Looking to buy- Mtbr.com

Thread: Looking to buy

Sep 2005

Looking to buy

I am looking at buying my 1st bike and need some advice. I am looking to spend about $1300. I went to a local bike shop yesterday to browse. I am now considering an 05 Cake or perhaps a 04 Jekyll. Does anyone have any these bikes and can give me some reviews? Thanks in advance for the help.

Adam

Freshly Fujified

Welcome to the forums

If you are looking for an opinion, we probably need more information. Specifically, what type of riding do you intend to do, how tall are you, and what's your weight. As silly as it may seem, the bikes you mentioned could be excellent choices, but there could be better options for you also (e.g a 29er, or a beefier bike). If you find that one of the bikes you've mentioned will suit your needs, you may want to check the Gary Fisher forum for more info on the Cake, and the Cannondale forum regarding the Jeckyll. The mtbr.com reviews section should help also.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Sep 2005
    I intend to do some leisure downhill and mountain riding. Also just general riding. I live in Denver so there are many places nearby to ride. I am about 6 foot 200 pounds. Which one of the Cake models are comparable to the Jeckyll in overall performance? The reason I ask is the LBS is trying to get rid of the 04 Jeckyll for about $1050. The Fishers are more expensive but if the Jeckyll is comparable, I may just go with that do to the pricing they are offering.

Thanks,

Adam

Members who have read this thread: 0