Looking for 1" rigid mountain forks - help!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Looking for 1" rigid mountain forks - help!

10 years ago my original (rather mundane) 1994 Specialized Rockhopper Comp frame cracked and, under warranty, I was given a Ritchey Nitanium alloy frame as a replacement, and it is brilliant - by far and away the best MTB I've ever ridden (and that includes my current 2008 Epic)

Problem is, it didn't come with a front fork (I swapped the Mag-21s from the original bike) and now the old Rock-Shox shocks are worn out. I'd like to put on a rigid front fork and use the bike for touring but the steering tube is 1" and they are not made anymore it seems. Hence my cry for help - does anyone have (or know anyone on the planet who has) a 1" rigid mountain fork to fit a 26in frame with cantilever brakes?

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    This fork states that it's a 1 1/8" but it also states that it has a 1" threadless steering tube, might be worth contacting them to find out what it actually has:
    Tange Rigid: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK409C21-Tange+Mountain+Fork.aspx

Tange Rigid 1" steering tube: http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC133846
    Last edited by cobba; 04-19-2009 at 10:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've heard Marzochi (sp?) makes a decent 1" steerer suspension fork. For a rigid fork, I bet a little judicious hunting would turn up a derelict vintage mountain bike with a fork you could swap over.

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    Some custom builders will make you a fork (yes, without frame purchase). Waltworks will do it, in a 1" steerer and your choice of geometry, for $260 according to his website. Possibly not the cheapest option, but it's there.

mtbr member
    Uh there are tons of retail mtb forks with 1" threaded steerer tubes. The tange that Cobba mentioned is once of the nicer ones. Talk to you lbs, QBP and J&B both carry a few.

Members who have read this thread: 0