Lookin for one good bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Lookin for one good bike

Hey, I am wondering about what's a good all mountain bike. I ride rocky rooty trails. Lots of climbing, so a good climber, also enjoy the ride back down in nice plushness. I got an idea of what to start lookin for so far. The motolite basic, will they let you switch parts or are ya stuck with what ya get. Also the stumpjumper elite, mark 3 hollow point, trek fuel ex 8 or 9, maybe a yeti 575 if could find one to try. Do you think the fox tallas rlc, rp 23 would be a good suspension combo for me 5'11 235lbs. Since I'm coming from a hard tail lock out would be cool. Thanks this sites kick ass by the way.
    Take me across the sky

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

whadya think

these considered good ones. your knowledge greatly appreciated
    Take me across the sky

Cuánto pesa?
    Hi otm,
    Sorry I cant help with FS, I ride a HT..But may I suggest something to help get some assistance..
    Get your bikes separated in a list and hooked up with click-able links to the bike in question..

1) Bike
    Link
    2)

3)

and so on ..

I myself (cant speak for others) tend to be lazy and if you don't help us help you..
    Well you see what can happen..

Not to mention the Bash Randall Scott thread seems to be the hit of the week and
    we all like a lynching

Good luck Bro..

Jake..

mtbr member
    Of your lists, the Motolite seems to be the best of the bunch, design wise
    RP23 + TALAS RLC = currently the most popular setup.
    Test ride it.. if you are about 5'10, then you should fit the medium motolite, and the rear susp. leverage ratio should be sufficient.
    However, if you feel you the need to go with coil, there's always an option for coil shock, or, perhaps, a Fox DHX.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    There was a rumor of upgraded Titus MLs around, due some sort of shortage... again just a rumor... but it comes at a package deal -- and it's a great one, not the lightest, but a damn good bike with solid components and a great frame worthy of upgrades in the future.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    thats the thing though a somewhat blinged stumpjumper elite versus a modest motolite. is the design of the motolite that much more superior than the stumpjmper. how does fox feel about modding a talas r into a rlc, would it screw up the warantee
    Take me across the sky

Members who have read this thread: 0