Leftover Cannondale Rush 600- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

New question here. Leftover Cannondale Rush 600

I'm shopping for my first mountain bike and have quickly seen my budget increase. I started looking at hardtails and was all set on a GF Tass. Then guys at work suggested that for a few more $$$ I should be looking at FS bikes. My lbs has a few leftover Cannondales and seems willing to deal. I looked at the Rush 600 and I have to admit it's taking some time to get over the lefty fork. In the same price range was the lower level Giant Trance and the Trek EX. Any advice would be most helpful.

The Rush comes with Cannondale clipless pedals. Anyone know if they're decent or should I replace them asap???

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Cannondale doesn't warranty or service their lefty fork or something like that..

mtbr member

If you don't have something useful to say......STFU

Quote Originally Posted by taikuodo
    Cannondale doesn't warranty or service their lefty fork or something like that..
    ..Or something like that..
    What?
    That has got to be the world record stupid post. Hats off to you, wow.

Rush is a good bike and regardless of what the knocklehead above said they do warranty and service the lefty. I suggest you check out the Cannondale forum.

...soon to be sith lord..
    Quote Originally Posted by Portbook
    I'm shopping for my first mountain bike and have quickly seen my budget increase. I started looking at hardtails and was all set on a GF Tass. Then guys at work suggested that for a few more $$$ I should be looking at FS bikes. My lbs has a few leftover Cannondales and seems willing to deal. I looked at the Rush 600 and I have to admit it's taking some time to get over the lefty fork. In the same price range was the lower level Giant Trance and the Trek EX. Any advice would be most helpful.

The Rush comes with Cannondale clipless pedals. Anyone know if they're decent or should I replace them asap???

Thanks
    If you're looking at the Rush, here's one http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...duct=191&cat=3

It's still under warranty with the card and all.

I'll stand by hugh088's comment as well. Never any trouble at all with the Lefty.
    Last edited by obi_twan_kenobe; 02-09-2007 at 09:10 AM.
    There is a fine line between control and catastrophe
    Northeast Tennessee Mountain Bike Association

Freshly Fujified

Some thoughts

First off, welcome to the forums. Hopefully you'll get some good infor here. As condescending as hugh088's comments are, he happens to be right. Cannondale has a warranty and will stand behind their product. Don't be too put off by the Lfty until you try it. Some people swear by it, others swear AT it. The other choices you mention (TRance and EX) are also nice bikes. It really boils down to which bike feels best to you. None of us can really make that determination for you.

Let us know if you have any more specific questions and we'll do our best to answer.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0