mtbr member

Leader LD-510 H build

I ordered this frame from Blue Sky Cycling and they had it to my door in three days for $99 bucks. I am most impressed with the quality and can't wait to build it up. I'm going to have to use the parts that I have, nothing new, so it won't be spectacular but I am excited none the less.

mtbr member
    What I have so far. I was thinking about using the Titec H-bar that I had laying around but I have Rapidfire shifters and that doesn't seem to work so well. Anyone try this combo?

mtbr member
    The bike is done. Complete with one of three home made bags for bike packing. Im ready for spring!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Looks nice. What are the bags for? Long trips?

I got the same frame for my wife. Was a bit more expensive with shipping to Canada. Complete with a fox as well.

Chris.

mtbr member
    how's the bike holding up? did you have to use a zero stack headset like they say on the site?
    Last edited by phbike; 07-04-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo

mtbr member

another question

I'm thinking about buying this frame...hopefully someone will read this post and answer a couple other questions...1st- The site says it requires a zero stack headset. Is this so the geometry will fit newer longer travel forks? say 100-120 mm... 2nd- Will the frame work with a standard older school (2001) threadless headset, or does it have to have a zero stack? will the headset cups still fit in the frame for the older type of headset? I'm looking at putting a 2001 80mm SID on it with my entire 9 speed setup from my 2001 bike. I will call the company and ask them these questions before I buy, i was just wondering if anyone here knew. Thanks again!

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    The frame can handle 100mm with no problems.

The frame is Zero Stack but believe that the Cane Creek 44 adapter could work if you want to use a tapered fork but regular headsets will not work.

As for durability I would say that is as durable as any brand alu frame, my son has a white 510H and has put it thru all riding conditions and it still going strong.

mtbr member
    I bought a 510 for the wife last year, and ended up ordering myself a 516 (they didn't have the 510 in my size at the time) Mine has gotten a ton of abuse and has held up great, I was 230# when I got it and was a pedal masher If anything I wish it was a little less stiff. I like the looks of my wife's 510 better with the round top tube.
    Mine is down to around 24# as it sits.

I did end up getting bored during a rainy period and stripped the paint form mine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Please ignore this reply

Members who have read this thread: 0