k2 razor back for 750??- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

k2 razor back for 750??

Is that a good deal, it's posted on supergo right now, and it seems like a good bike. But I've been out of the loop on good parts, bikes and brands for a year or more now. I am looking to spend around 800, but want a full suspension, and I'll buy a used bike.
    Steer me in the right direction.

Brodyhead

not so super...

Need a little more info

Quote Originally Posted by brodyhead
    Is that a good deal, it's posted on supergo right now, and it seems like a good bike. But I've been out of the loop on good parts, bikes and brands for a year or more now. I am looking to spend around 800, but want a full suspension, and I'll buy a used bike.

Brodyhead
    What type of terrain?
    Riding style?
    Weight/height/standover?
    experience level?
    Geometry numbers from last bike?
    What were your likes/dislikes with it?
    Nothing to see here.

Lazy People Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by brodyhead

Brodyhead
    SSINGA's questions above are all very relevant to give a a more detailed answer. In a general sense, if you are looking for a short travel FS bike for cross country use, the K2 Razorback has been out for a while and is well proven and is generally well regarded. Its a pretty solid design with pretty standard 71/73 xc geometry with middle of the road top tube lengths. The prices are good on them and you probably could not go wrong if it fits your intended application. The one drawback for long term ownership is the pull shock is somewhat specific to this particular design, so long term availability is a question mark, but I have to imagine K2 will support the design for some time to come.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

ballbuster

I got one...

... and love it.

Wheather it is good for you or not depends on what you're gonna use it for. It's a tight racey short travel bike, not a big hit hucker. It's and XC racer, not an all mountain bomber.

I love the nimble feel of this thing. I feel like I could thread this thing through a needle. I think, and it goes, with little finesse.

OTOH, it is not that great on seriously rough stuff. The ride is a bit on the harsh side compared to those bikes with longer travel.

I say if you're gonna XC with it, go for it. The part spec is good, especially for the price. The only thing missing from the stock mix is disc brakes, which can be added in the future if you feel you need them.

Members who have read this thread: 0