mtbr member

Help sizing a Lynskey Procross

I'm thinking of spending the big bucks & buying a Lynskey Procross... trouble is I'm having a hard time picking the right size!

I'm 5'5" & currently ride a 2007 Trek XO 1 (that fits very well). I'm unable (after lots of hard searching) to find the exact frame specs for my current bike... but I did some of the measurements myself:
    -TT effective: 52.5
    -TT Actual: 51
    -Standover: 78
    -Head Tube: 10.5

I'm either an XS or S Lynskey, measurements found here: http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/a/...s/procross.php

I have talked to the Lynskey folks & they haven't really made any recommendations for me. I'm leaning towards the XS b/c the TT Effective is basically identical to what I own now. However, as this is such a major purchase for me... I want to get it right.

Any help or advice?

With most companies, I fit a 50 - 51cm bike (52 is generally too big and 49 can be made to work with modifications). I know all companies measure differently, and all frames vary greatly... but I don't know enough to figure out exactly how this frame will be once built

mtbr member
    If I couldn't get an answer from Lynskey. I wouldn't buy one. Ultimately the size frame you choose is your decision. If you take someones advice and later change your mind don't blame them. It was your choice.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

Members who have read this thread: 0