TR
    Angry bunny

Help a poor Aussie out - X post from Clydesdale forum

Looking for some feedback on a good full suspension XC/trail bike for me.
    I am 215lb and 6'3". I ride 2 - 3 times a week on smoothish trails and do few drops at all. I am more into 2 -3 hour rides. The area I live in is on top of a mountain range and so the bike needs to be able to both descend AND climb well. I participate in local 6, 12 and 24 hour events (solo in the shorter events and in a team for the 24 hour).
    I currently have an NRS but have often felt that this may not have been the right bike for me. Too flimsy perhaps?? Not sure, just always felt worried I would break it.
    I am looking for something with at least 4" of travel that will be comfortable and strong enough for me to use on the trail during my regular rides but that is not so heavy that it is going to kill me during the races I enter.

At the moment I am looking at the Specialized Stumpjumper, Sant Cruz Blur and Santa Cruz Superlight (not sure about this one. I love the look of it but maybe it will give me the same problem as the NRS.....too light??). I have thought about the Heckler but think it will be too heavy for me with the climbing.

Any other suggestions??

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I would also add...

Yeti 575
    Turner 5 Spot
    Ventana x5 or El Saltemontes
    Intense 5.5 EVP

I would contact Don or Brian at http://www.boutiquebikes.com/ and ask them some questions about the ride you are looking for. They sell all the bikes I mentioned above and will ship to Australia (world wide, infact). Knowlegable sales guys that love to ride and are willing to be flexible on buildups. They will swap out any part of a factory build componant you want, sometimes at no extra charge at all. They are small, low overhead and will give you a great deal! I will be buying my second bike from them in about a month and all my riding buddies buy from them now.

Good luck finding the ultimate ride!
    By the way - my vote is the Turner 5-Spot. Tough bike that climbs better than the Blur and the quality is second to none.

If you know someone looking for a Yeti ASX large, I have a 2004 for sale for $1850 US.
    Ride it like you stole it!

what a joke

Road Trip!!!!

If you can make it down to Newcastle you can ride my 5 spot. I went exploring at Killingworth today. Rode up the DH track, came down the DH track, fireroad/4wd climb and descent, twisty single track. It handles it all. My karate monkey really makes me smile as it so simple but the spot is just so versatile.
    blah blah blah

TR
    Angry bunny
    Sorry kbrooks but basically all of those options are out of my pricerange.
    You have to understand that any price you see for a bike in the US can be almost triple by the time we can buy it here. Even if I ship it from the US the price goes up 20% for exchange rate plus another $150US minimum to ship it to me.

I have seen some good deals on Titus Switchblades. Anyone got any thoughts for me on them??

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by ozlongboarder
    If you can make it down to Newcastle you can ride my 5 spot. I went exploring at Killingworth today. Rode up the DH track, came down the DH track, fireroad/4wd climb and descent, twisty single track. It handles it all. My karate monkey really makes me smile as it so simple but the spot is just so versatile.
    Thanks for the offer.
    If I ever do make it down to Newcastle I will also make sure I bring the 1x1.

what a joke
    You can ride my karate monkey as well, but then you would have to sell the 1x1 as you would want one.
    blah blah blah