Turner Homer

New question here. Help me choose a frame

Hi I am in the process of choosing a frame for my new bike, and I narroeed it down to theses two frames. The first one is the Turner Burner at supergo for $899 http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=25183 and my second choice is the Rocky Mountain Element Team SC for $899 http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=25423. Soo please give me opinions on which frame I should get and why I should get and if this helps I am going to be racing in the spring. Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by dtrek4500; 12-02-2004 at 06:10 PM.

I like Squishy Bikes

mmmmm

Thats a tough call...both are nice bikes.

1st I'd call Supergo and make sure the frames are indeed IN STOCK.
    They deal in volume, Customer Service isnt their strong suit.

The main points to ponder would be how big are you & how hard do you ride?
    If you are a spinner and dont break things, I'd say go for the RM
    The RM is lighter & has a time tested Fox rear shock.
    I think the RM has a prettier paint job...if you care about looks

If you're hard on equipment I'd opt for the Turner.
    The Turner has the Manitou Swinger,
    so that should cancel out any pedal bob,
    if you're a Heavy Masher.

You do know what they say about opinions right?
    Just like elbows...everybody has at least one.

Good Luck!
    A dirty book is rarely dusty

Peace & Love

Depends on priorities...

Quote Originally Posted by dtrek4500
    Hi I am in the process of choosing a frame for my new bike, and I narroeed it down to theses two frames. The first one is the Turner Burner at supergo for $899 http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=25183 and my second choice is the Rocky Mountain Element Team SC for $899 http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=25423. Soo please give me opinions on which frame I should get and why I should get and if this helps I am going to be racing in the spring. Thanks
    Dave
    I too just went through this. I believe you simply need to write down the plusses and minuses since both of these bikes are awesome, but different.

For me, I wanted a bike that was more race-oriented. Having said that, if it were my only bike, I would definitely go with the Burner. I am too much of a trailrider at heart and if I could only have one bike and it was down to these 2, even if I were going to race on occassion, i would go with the Turner.

However, I already have a trailbike and I wanted something that was clearly different from what I already had and as noted above, i wanted a racy bike......I went with the Element. I bought the frame about 5 months ago or so and just ordered that last of the parts....they shoudl arrive next week!!!! It was just awesome to buy one part at a time and in some cases buy a part, realize it was a mistake, sell that part, and buy the part I should have bought in the first place

Bottom line is it depends on what your priority list looks like since both bikes will be sweet....just make sure you get the one that maps best to your list.

By the way, if you decide to go with the Burner, do yourself a HUGE favor and give Larry at mtnhighcyclery.com a call. At least a couple of weeks ago he received the last of the Burner shipments and if he has any left you will then not have to deal with Supergo and the certain confusion associated with a purchase from them.

Cheers

Turner Homer
    Hay guys, so I think it kind of looks like I might go with the turner because I a about 5 11.5 and they have all the sizes for that and they only have one size in the rocky and I don't want the wrong size. thanks

mtbr member

size

What size are you looking for? Our last Burner frame here at the shop is a large, black. Nice looking frame.

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    What size are you looking for? Our last Burner frame here at the shop is a large, black. Nice looking frame.
    I am looking for a large because I was told that size would suit me best. Also how much would you sell it for and what kind of shox does it have on it.

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrek4500
    I am looking for a large because I was told that size would suit me best. Also how much would you sell it for and what kind of shox does it have on it.
    Whoo I got me a turner. I gave larry a call and he said he was getting his last shipment in so I got my self one of those. It was $920 and the color is black, and it should be sent out by tue or wed. Thanks for your guys input, and I am happy I went with the turner because I've been wanting one for a long time. I can't wait!!