This summer I will be taking a month long road trip across Alaska with plenty of mountain bike trails along the way. I currently live in Juneau Alaska, the weather here is rain rain and more rain so the trails are pretty wet. The trails here in Juneau are mostly intermediate trails with a few harder ones. I have been looking for a new bike for this trip and here at home for some time now. I would classify my riding as laid back, intermediate riding. I do not ride crazy, and do big jumps... yet. Currently I am on a 26" Hard tail Rockhopper and its time for an upgrade!

So people of the MTBR Forum.... Should I buy a:

Niner JET 9 RDO 2 Star SLX RS 27.5+

Pros: Much better color
Carbon Fiber Frame
Lighter bike
+ size tires

Or

Diamondback Mission Pro 27 (2017)
Pros: Fox suspension w/ more travel
Knuckle Box
Higher class Shimano parts
Kashima coat on shocks

Sorry guys I cannot post links yet so please google the bikes for full details.

So I like the look of the Niner a whole lot more then the Mission Pro. But where do you guys the line on value of parts vs carbon fiber frame and better looks? What do you think guys? If you have any other bike in this range, I will consider them. I am trying to find a good deal on a high end bike that's ~50% off to get best bang for the buck.

With my sources to order from and shipping to Alaska, both bikes would be around ~$2,700

I hope to have a new bike in my hands within a month or two.

Thanks,
Chris.