mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! HELP! I need some help with my bike

I recently bought a Specialized FSR Extreme bike from a dealer. The rear suspension is old and I would like to replace it with a new one. The only thing is, its and old bike and wont fit most of the new rear suspensions! So i need some help to find...

1. A part where I can fit a bigger suspension on. (or)
    2. A good fitting suspension without buying any parts.
    3. URL links so I could suss it out.

Please help me! I have looked everywhere!

I Have Cookies
    are you looking for a new rear shock? Or to replace the rear swing are assy with something else?
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I would like to get a new shock with a better one, but a friend told me that there is a way of getting a new part which somehow fits a bigger shock on it?

I Have Cookies
    You can put on a longer rear shock but it can reek havoc with geometry. Do your homework.
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

T.W.O.
    What dealer still sell a 1998 bike? Is your rear shock air or coil? is it working or you just want a new one. If it's still working just ride it, try to retrofit a new one would end up costing you more than what you paid for your bike.

Older bike design is different too, back in the day the trend was longer travel in the rear and shorter in the front. The geometry reflex that too. Start upgrading parts on your bike may just reek havoc with geometry like ae111 said, do your homework.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    There is a dealer in Adelaide in Australia that I got it from. The shock is the original coil one that was on there, It is really old and doesn't work properly. So I do need to replace it... Someone said that a Fox Vanilla 6.5inch would fit it?

Members who have read this thread: 0