mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Has anyone broken a Ti soft-tail (Dean Duke, Moots YBB, etc)

Okay, I've gone from thinking that a no-pivot soft-tail is a bad idea, to now thinking it's what I want as a replacement for my AL hard-tail. Just wondering if anyone has actually broken one, as that was my initial concern.

Oh, and if anyone knows of a used one for sale in ~17.5" (BB ctr to ctr), please feel to drop me a line or point me in that direction.

Picture Unrelated
    I've never seen a Ti soft tail break, not to say it hasn't happened. Ti is a great material for soft tails because the fatigue life of Ti is much better than Al and it has great elongation properties. These make Ti a great choice for a soft tail bike.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum
    I've never seen a Ti soft tail break, not to say it hasn't happened. Ti is a great material for soft tails because the fatigue life of Ti is much better than Al and it has great elongation properties. These make Ti a great choice for a soft tail bike.
    That's the conclusion I've been coming to, just looking to play devil's advocate with my new search direction. Thanks...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I bought a YBB not too long ago to replace my Alum hard tail. It was heaven.

I I then sold my YBB needing more suspension and have been riding my Alum harttail again until the full suspension is built. I have been so unmotivated to ride since I've gone back to the hardtail.

Members who have read this thread: 0